Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hot in, so hot in china

weather today: muggy, warm, 30 C



I woke up late today, later than I thought I would have, at around nine. Actually I was awake at six because it was so hot in my room but I stayed in bed and subsequently fell back asleep until late morning. 姑姑has a really comfortable place just on the outskirts of Beijing near the airport. Her dog 球球reminds me of Charlee (should have taken a picture of him) but he's 14 years old and has cancer. He sleeps all the time and only gets up to bark at strangers. I'm sad. what if charlee ends up like that? can't think about it..

I got to the China Radio International building around 11:30 in the morning. Its almost exactly all the way across the city from my aunt's house but luckily the 五环 (fifth ring) expressway wasn't jammed so we got there pretty quickly. It was already warm and I was already considerably sweaty by the time we got into the station campus. 包涛阿姨came down to meet us and took me to the dorms. My room is not luxurious but comfortable. I brought my own bedsheets and my blankie :D and the mosquito netting makes my bed seem like a little den. Its really quite cozy. My roommate is real sweet. She showed me wehre the showers are and everything. Never experienced communal showers and bathrooms before this. Its really not all that bad, you just have to be careful and bring a tub to carry all the stuff.
things i forgot/have to buy:
waterproof slippers for the shower
conditioner
bleach (for the washign machines)
loofah
soap dish
trash can
mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment