Friday, June 29, 2007

pretty lady

Last night 王红岭took me to a 高场concert at a beautiful concert hall in the center of Beijing. We took the subway to Xidan and made a trip to her sister's apartment then took a taxi to the concert hall.


Before I say anymore, let me just make it known to all that this chanteuse is by no means just a singer. First of all, she was GORGEOUS. so pretty. too bad I wasn't allowed to take pictures during the concert otherwise I would have gone crazy with it. Honestly I think she's one of the most beautiful Chinese women I've ever seen. The pictures I was able to take of her definitely do not do her justice. Afterwards 王红姐and I lamented the (in our eyes) unfair distribution of physical attributes in the world. we plain girls just can't compare. sigh




But that in no way means that she couldn't sing. She had a beautiful soprano voice and a commanding yet graceful stage presence. She was singing old Chinese movie theme songs that I didn't understand but I still loved listening to her sing. She had this floating voice that would flick between the different notes. I can't describe it.
But anyways, that was my first outing of the week. The first time I set foot off campus. I took the subway! 没问题!!

No comments:

Post a Comment